Axway SecureTransport is a multi-protocol Managed File Transfer (MFT) gateway solution that enables organizations to secure, manage, and track the transfer of files inside and outside the enterprise firewall. In support of both mission-critical business processes and ad hoc human transactions, SecureTransport is designed to handle everything – from high-volume automated file transfers between systems, sites, lines of business and external partners, to user-driven ad-hoc communications, to portal-based file exchange – with unmatched reliability and performance.
Serving as an MFT gateway, SecureTransport can:
- Accelerate and manage movement of files (push or pull)
- Host files in secure mailboxes or folders
- Push data to trading partners in real time
- Support ultra-high-end shared service bureaus to meet the demands of multiple business units and organizations in one scalable infrastructure
- Provide a configurable workflow for flexible and dynamic file handling and routing
SecureTransport’s user-friendly governance and configuration capabilities – including delegated administration and pre-defined, configurable workflows – make it a secure, easy-to-implement, easy-to-use alternative to high-maintenance proprietary file transfer software, standard MFT gateways, and costly VANs and VPNs.
Diverse file transfer scenarios
SecureTransport can accommodate the full gamut of corporate, business unit, user, application, system and trading community requirements, including:
- Multi-site integration — Move files between systems across sites, such as corporate-to-store or bank-to-branch, and transparently address issues associated with multi-regional file transfers and interactions, such as lack of visibility, integrity and control of critical data.
- B2B processes — Manage and secure multi-enterprise business processes with partners, suppliers, customers, financial institutions, and regulatory bodies. SecureTransport extends security, visibility and control beyond the enterprise firewall to include all parties involved in your interactions.
- Application integration — Move files between internal systems using standardized methods and tools in a peer-to-peer or hub-and-spoke model. Application integration is simplified with a robust infrastructure that reduces configuration time and cost, and ongoing operational costs.
- Portal-based file transfer – Integrate SecureTransport with existing portals to provide audit and security features for file uploads and downloads.
- Ad hoc human communications — Enable secure and auditable unplanned file transfer via Lotus Notes or Outlook (plug-ins required), or Web-based interface (included). SecureTransport creates a valuable two-way communication channel with the personalization and interactivity of email, and the policies, security and control of managed file transfer.
High-end MFT scalability, redundancy and performance
Much more than a typical MFT gateway, SecureTransport offers ultra-high-end MFT functionality that can ensure business continuity, support shared services, and accommodate extremely high volumes and peak loads.
- Standard Clustering enables active/active and active/passive deployments, providing efficiency and a low total cost of ownership for organizations that need both redundancy and scalability.
- Large Enterprise Clustering goes beyond standard clustering, enabling organizations to leverage an external database to scale up to 20 nodes and virtually unlimited concurrent connections.
- File Transfer Acceleration enables high-volume transfer over high-speed networks to ensure data is delivered on time and within the SLAs established by your business.
- Delegated Administration provides consolidation of file-transfer requirements from multiple business units, divisions or projects on one infrastructure, while allowing assignment and autonomy for managers from different business units and the appropriate security levels to protect each division.
Management and visibility
- An intuitive graphical user interface provides visibility into all file transfer activities, with hierarchical package tracking.
- End-to-end monitoring, reporting, alerting and KPI/SLA management ensure you’ll never miss another deadline because of a lost or corrupted file.
Security and compliance
- SecureTransport provides end-to-end controls and audit trails for data traveling inside and outside your enterprise firewall — no matter what applications, systems, or platforms you or your trading partners have in place.
- Automatic enforcement of security policy across all file movement activities ensures that data is secured in transit, in the DMZ (with Axway Edge), and at rest on the server, regardless of the underlying transport network.
- Strong audit trails protect against legal liability and demonstrate compliance with industry and government mandates such as HIPAA, SOX, PCI, SEPA and GLBA.
SecureTransport makes it easy to automate the flow of information (EDI, statements, images, CAD/CAM designs, etc.) with external partners, customers, suppliers, and regulatory bodies — without the high cost of VANs/VPNs, additional infrastructure or proprietary software. You can rapidly on-board new partners using your own endpoint; or use Axway’s inexpensive, secure, easy-to-deploy, and easy-to-support endpoint clients.